Frequently asked questions
Scroll down to see answers to things we get asked a lot. If you're looking for something specific, enter or choose a keyword below.
- About ABLE
- How the account works
- Linking bank accounts
- Opening an account
- Qualified expenses
- Successors and Estates
- Tax benefits
- What type of bank accounts can I add to my account?
You can connect a checking or savings account.
- How do I manage bank accounts for multiple beneficiaries?
If you are managing ABLE accounts for more than one beneficiary, you can use the same banking information on multiple accounts. The bank account has to be added to each plan account individually.
- Can I connect more than one bank account or type of account?
- Yes, you can connect more than one bank account as well as multiple types of bank accounts. Each account and type will need to be connected individually, but you can have both savings and checking accounts linked to your account at one time. The Account Owner/Custodian or Beneficiary must own the... Read more
- How can I connect a bank account?
- Log in to your account, go to the “Settings” tab and click on the “Add a new bank” button. Follow the steps to link a new bank account by connecting via Plaid or manually adding an account. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to withdraw money to a newly added bank account immediately. There is a... Read more